After last year's resounding success, James Robertson and the team from Step Two are again organising Australia's premier intranet conference in Sydney on 16-18 May: Intranets 2012.
This year's program again has an international line up including William Amurgis from American Electric Power (USA) who'll be talking about social media, Martin White an experienced conference speaker from the UK will talk about the three pillars of intranet success and Maish Nichani from Pebble Road (Singapore) will talk about service design for intranets. Maish is also the author of the very useful Intranet Manager's Guidebook (a free publication). James, in his own inimitable style, will be talking about intranets that surprise and delight.
I attended last year's event, along with around 150 other people, and it was easily one of the most well organised and worthwhile conferences I have attended. If this year's conference is even half as good, it will still be well worth the money.
Aligning your intranet with your organisation's vision
I will also be at the conference talking about the important topic of aligning your intranet with your organisation's vision. Many people agree that this is a critcal step in obtaining both financial and leadership support for your intranet, but how does it actually happen in practice? What does an intranet that is aligned to your company's strategy look like? How does it differ to your typical intranet?
I'll be discussing a 3 phased approach that will result in an intranet that directly supports your organisation achieve its goals. The benefits of this are:
- You deliver an intranet that is useful
- You increase your organisation's chances of success
- You are able to obtain and justify funding for your intranet
During this presentation you will:
- Learn how to use the key performance indicators (KPIs) that support your organisation's vision to identify key tasks,
- Understand the 8 ways an intranet can support your staff to complete these key tasks, and
- Work through a case study showing how this approach will result in a more effective intranet.
So why not register today. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Andrew J. Wright