Over 26,000 people from ninety-five organisations have now participated in the Worldwide Intranet Challenge (WIC) online intranet benchmark survey. These organisations range in size from CVS Caremark with over 200,000 employees and $98 billion in annual revenue to nSynergy, a SharePoint consulting organisation with less than 100 staff.
Organisations of any size from any country are welcome to participate in the WIC. It is available in 10 different languages, with others being added as required. There is no cost to participate.
All participating organisations have one thing in common: the desire to improve their intranets by having the courage to obtain feedback from their own end users and then take action based on this feedback.
Would you like to benchmark your intranet at no cost?
If you would like to be one of the first 100 organisation to participate in the WIC, and be eligible for the analysis report (see below) all you need to do is register for the Worldwide Intranet Challenge (WIC). Based on participation rates so far, we think 100 organisations will complete the WIC within the next two weeks.
Average question results
The following tables show the average responses to a sample of the survey questions
Coming soon: the Worldwide Intranet Challenge Report!!
After 100 organisations have completed the WIC, the WIC partners will start working together to analyse this feedback and provide recommendations to organisations for improving their intranets. This report will be available at no cost to participating organisations and at a reasonable yet-to-be-determined price to the public.
The report, based on interviews with organisations with leading intranets (as decided by their own end users) will include topics such as:
- Overall value - what are the qualities that make an intranet (and the intranet team) key to an organisation's success?
- Staff able to contribute - why is this important? How do you create an interactive, social and dynamic intranet? How do you maintain it?
- Finding information - why is this the biggest problem facing intranets today? How do leading intranets make it easy for their staff to find what they want? Is there a common approach to developing an information architecture?
- Maintenance & governance - how do the best intranets keep their content up-to-date? How do they manage to get intranet governance ingrained within an organisation?
- Content - what is the most useful content an intranet can provide to its staff? Are some content types more important than other content types?
- Performance and availability - how important is it that pages load quickly and staff are able to access the intranet off-site and from a mobile device?
- Completing work tasks - how do the effective intranets make it easy for staff to get things done?
- Measuring intranet effectiveness - what should you be measuring to determine the effectiveness of your intranet?
- Intranet design - what are the characteristics of well designed intranet?
- Prioritising improvements - how do you decide which improvements will give you the most impact?
If you would like to receive this report at no cost, remember you will need to register for the Worldwide Intranet Challenge (WIC) to participate.