The Worldwide Intranet Challenge (WIC) is pleased to announce that New Zealand's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade today became the 100th organisation to complete the Worldwide Intranet Challenge (WIC) web based intranet benchmark.
They join other organisations such as AkzoNobel, ArcelorMittal, CVS Caremark, Ernst & Young, Domino's Pizza, and Deloittes who have benefited from being able to obtain feedback from their own intranet end users and then compare this with feedback from other organisations.
The WIC is a free service that allows organisations to quickly obtain feedback from their employees about what they think of their company intranet. This feedback can then be compared anonymously with other organisations who have completed the WIC.
Organisations participate in the WIC for different reasons such as:
- Obtaining evidence for a business case to obtain funding to improve the intranet
- Determining the impact of an intranet redesign by measuring before and after
- Learning tips and tricks from other organisations
- Prioritising intranet improvement activities
- Providing measurable goals for the intranet team
Comments from past participants include:
The Worldwide Intranet Challenge was the perfect way for us to conduct our portal survey at ADP.
- Bennett Cooperman, Director, HR/Internal Communications at ADP
I found the report very helpful in securing funding to replace the current intranet, and in the engagement with our users via the survey comments.
- John Bazley, Assistive Technology Tutor at Assistive Solutions
Andrew and his team have produced an invaluable survey that has proved to be a most useful for justification and prioritization of Intranet project mandates. Invaluable, efficient, independent and at no cost... Thank you very much indeed.
- Dominic James Chiappe, Management Consultant at Lloyds register
I found WIC to be a great tool for understanding my internal users perceptions of the intranet. Being able to compare my results with other organizations was valuable to me.
- Ed Dale, Search Program Manager at Ernst & Young
The WIC is available in 11 languages. Organisations of any size and from any location are welcome to register and participate in the WIC. It's a simple process to register and you could have a benchmark report on your desk within 2 weeks.
See the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information about the WIC.