- What is the Worldwide Intranet Challenge (WIC)?
- How does it work?
- Can I add or delete survey questions?
- Who can register for the WIC?
- Who has already done the WIC?
- In what languages is the survey available?
- What is the cut-off date?
- How much does it cost?
- What is the benchmark report?
- Does my organisation's feedback remain confidential?
- Can an organisation have more than one registration?
- Am I automatically included in the benchmark report?
- What are the conditions of participation?
What is the Worldwide Intranet Challenge (WIC)?
The WIC is a web based survey that allows intranet end users to provide feedback about their own intranet. This feedback is then compared with other participating organisations.
Participation in the WIC allows you to anonymously benchmark your intranet against other organisations and view case studies from organisations who have ranked well in each question. The WIC covers the following topics:
- Completing work tasks,
- Quality of content,
- Ease of finding information,
- Employee interaction & engagement,
- Intranet maintenance,
- Look & feel, and
- Performance & availability.
How does it work?
It's a simple process to participate in the Worldwide Intranet Challenge (WIC). Simply follow the steps below and you could have a benchmark report on your desk, for free, within two weeks:
- Register for the Worldwide Intranet Challenge (WIC).
- After registration you will receive instructions and a link that will allow your intranet end users to complete a survey over the web.
- Your intranet users complete the survey (it takes about 5 minutes)
- You monitor survey responses in real time over the internet. You can download these responses if you like.
- After your intranet users have completed the survey (most organisations keep the survey open for around 2 weeks), we email you a free benchmark report within 1-2 days anonymously showing how your feedback compares with other participating organisations.
- After receiving your benchmark report, you can use this information to develop an intranet improvement road map or a business case for improving your intranet.
Can I add or delete survey questions?
Yes. If some of the questions are not relevant to your organisation you can ask for them not to be included. In the benchmark report, you will be assigned a default value for those questions you decide to exclude.
You can also ask for questions to be added if you wish. Many organisations do. For example, many organisations include demographic questions such as location or business unit. This helps to filter responses in more meaningful ways.
Who can register for the WIC?
Anyone can register for the WIC at anytime. Usually the person to register would be an organisation's communication, IT, web, HR, knowledge or intranet manager.
Who has already done the WIC?
In what languages is the survey available?
The survey is available in 12 languages - English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, French, French Canadian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian and Spanish. You can request another language when you register if needed.
What is the cut-off date?
There is no cut-off date - the WIC available 24*7. Organisations can participate in the Worldwide Intranet Challenge at any time.
How much does it cost?
The cost is $395 AUD (Australian dollars).
What is the benchmark report?
The benchmark report compares your feedback with all other participating organisations (using a randomly generated 8 character identifier known only to the person who registered for the WIC).
Below is a page from the report that shows an organisation who has completed the WIC twice. The blue line shows the first survey and the red line shows the results from the second.
The report provides a question-by-question and demographic breakdown of how your results compare with other participating organisations. You can use this information to develop a roadmap for your intranet and then re-benchmark again at a later date after you have implemented your plan.
The report can also be used as the basis of a business case. For example, you may find that your end users would like the search capability to be improved or a more interactive intranet. The benchmark questions were developed after reviewing numerous reports, white papers and methodologies to identify common qualities that make intranets effective valuable.
Does my organisation's feedback remain confidential?
Absolutely. Organisations are identified in the benchmark report by an 8 character ID provided to the person that registers for the challenge.
Organisations that rank in the top 10% of each question may be asked to provide a case study about why they ranked highly for that question.
Can an organisation have more than one registration?
Yes. Some organisations may have more than one distinct intranet. If this is the case, each intranet owner simply registers for the survey separately and emails the survey link to their specific end users.
An organisation may also wish to re-benchmark their intranet again at a later date (say after a year) to measure any improvements that may have occurred as the result of an intranet improvement initiative.
Am I automatically included in the benchmark report?
No. To be included in the benchmark, you need a minimum number of survey responses as follows:
|Organisation size (staff)||Min # responses|
What are the conditions of participation?
Participating organisations will be listed on the WIC Participants page of this site and in the benchmark report (actual question results remain anonymous).
Organisations who rank in the top 10% for one or more of the survey questions may be interviewed to understand the reasons for their success. Successful organisations should also be prepared to provide one or more relevant screen shots of their intranet.